“Decide what your greatness should be and pursue it relentlessly.” ~ Jordan Lejuwaan
Everybody at some point has desired to be that badass hero. No I don’t mean the narcissistic, unempathetic sociopath who steps on people to attain their desires. I have in mind the Superman, Wonder Woman, or the Iron Man type of badass. When called upon to pursue greatness, they answer the call. Perhaps even the badass chess player, performer, or brilliant philanthropist. No I don’t mean people that are famous just because they are famous or hang around famous people (Kardashians anyone?).
What are some qualities of a badass?
- The real life badass is the person who dares to live how they want, totally free from the restraint of what other people think.
- They are able to pursue their dreams, overcome obstacles, poor odds, and most certainly liberate themselves from the small things or small mindset. “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.” ~Marianne Williamson
- They are confident natural leaders, not manipulative but empathetic and encouraging the best in others.
- They don’t tolerate BS.
- They aren’t afraid to take risks. They may choose a path that make others fearful.
Can we channel our own inner badass? Isn’t it something your just born with or not born with? No – I believe we all have that badass lion waiting to be uncaged. If we can connect in a healthy way with this part of ourselves we can live a badass life. “God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I’m a badass.” Well if God thinks you are a badass then …..
- Say what you mean.
- Question authority – Don’t tolerate BS.
- Be independent -don’t seek others permission to pursue what you want or seek their validation.
- Act or take risks in spite of uncertainty (**disclaimer** this doesn’t mean Russian Roulette type risks).
Badass people achieve greatness, or live great lives, not necessarily defined by what others may think of as greatness. They pursue their dreams relentlessly. Even if they fail along the way they take it in stride and gain as much from their journey as achieving the actual goal.
So what are you waiting for come on out and roar with your badass self!
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life – think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.” – Swami Vivekananda